Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The boys & the dogs


We have some neighbor dogs that love to come over and play. They are so sweet. The boys love to give them some attention. I love having them over so that the boys get used to dogs and don't get afraid of animals. This has really helped. When the boys see a dog when we are out and about they want to go to it and pet it instead of running from it. The down side of being comfortable around animals is that Hyrum went to pet a cat a couple of weeks ago, which by the way was in one of our out buildings, and he gave him a pretty good scratch. I tried to let him know that cats are nice, but you just have to get to know them first. He seemed to get it. By having these dogs close we get all the good parts of having pets, but none of the reponsibility!

1 comment:

greatgrandma said...

That is really nice that you have some dogs for the kids to play with and that the dogs are so good with kids, they really need so have a pet to play with. My goodness your kids are growing up so fast I just can't believe it. I love little Hunter's picture where he is trying to get on the trampoline. Thanks for sharing those pictures with us.
Love, Grandma Olson