I am proud of myself for remembering to write. Yay, me!
Life has been so crazy! My boys will be finishing up another year of school in about a month. They both started playing soccer about a month ago so our once calm schedule has gotten a jolt of electricity. We have soccer practices three times a week, games on Saturdays that run anytime from 8 in the morning til 5 at night. Hunter goes to a speech class on Tuesdays and I have scouts Thursday nights with Hyrum. For those of you who don't know, and that's probably everyone, I am the new wolf/bear den leader in our ward/troop. It is lots of fun. I got released from the Primary presidency early Jan and have been loving getting to know the boys on a social level. So I have Sundays and Fridays that aren't totally crazy. The worst part of the whole thing is getting dinner done at a reasonable hour. It is tough, but the boys seem to be getting to bed early enough. They are pretty worn out by the end of the day, so am I!!!
So I want to hear about everyone else. I know Veronica and Sarah are probably pretty worn out having new babies and all. How are you dealing with it? Sarah, is it crazy having 2 now? Veronica how are the boys with Nathan? Kierstin, how are you doing with all 4 of yours? Are you running everyone everywhere? How old is Porter now? Will he have his driver's license soon? (V, how about Dakota? Is he close to driving?) I don't envy you guys. I dread the whole teaching the kids to drive.
Well, not sure if you guys want to hear all my vents with my house not staying clean. So I think I will skip that this time. Maybe next time!!! Would love to hear from you guys.
Chat again soon.
4 comments:
I am pretty tired. I feel like I can't get anything done. (How did you do it with 4?) Thank goodness Nathan is only waking up once a night, but 5 o'clock comes pretty early in the morning. The boys LOVE their little brother. Sometimes we all fight over to gets to hold him. Both boys have changed a diaper (not a good one though lol). Dakota turns 16 in December, we haven't even talked about driving yet. His grades are so bad. Without good grades he can't get a job to help pay for insurance and he wouldn't get the good student discount. So I am not sure when he will start driving. John is going to teach him when he does learn.
When are you coming out again?
That's great that he only is up once a night. Pretty soon you'll have a full night sleep! I always tried to get naps in, only if it's a few minutes. It helps. Sometimes I just look at my kids and think, wow! I have 4 kids! It really isn't that hard most of the time. Especially now that my baby isn't such a baby anymore. I send them outside a lot. Living where I live is great!! Lots of room to play. I am not sure when I will be out there. My family is thinking of going to New York for vacation, but Ben is trying to get some tickets for Gracie and I to go out for a weekend. If/when it happens I'll let you know. I would love to meet up with you. See that gorgeous baby!
I really need to get back to blogging. It is great to hear how you are doing. Porter will be 15 in July. He can get a permit to drive at 15 1/2 yrs old. I haven't even thought much abt that, I've been too focused on how soon his mission will come. They grow up too fast!! Next school year I will have two in high school. WOW. Heidi is in Kindergarten. I am getting old. Sure do miss you guys.
Welcome back to your blog Chris! loved the update and glad you are enjoying your new scouting responsibilities.
Post a Comment