We have been busy this last week. Hyrum had his Kindergarten Spring Concert last Thursday night. It was so much fun to see all the kids singing their little hearts out. Ben was unable to make it, he had to go up to St. Louis for work. So I had my hands full watching Peter and Hunter. Luckily it was only about a half an hour.
Then last Friday, Ben took the two older kids to Father and Sons Campout. They had a lot of fun and came home smelling like campfire.
On Tuesday night Hyrum had a African Festival at his school and it was nice to walk around and look at some of his work.
Tuesday after getting home I put the older boys down for the night. Like usual we heard some noises from their room and thought nothing of it. Then we heard a cry from Peter, Hyrum came out and said Peter had hit his head. I yelled up for Peter to come down. I looked to the top of the stairs and saw Peter with blood streaming down his face. I have never seen blood drip down someone so fast. I grabbed him and ran to the kitchen, took some paper towels and put them on the cut. I was worried we would have to take him to the hospital for stitches. Peter looks down and says, "there's red stuff on my pull-up". Ben and I both looked at eachother and chuckled a little. We assured him it was okay and we would get him a new pull-up. We didn't have to take him to the hospital. Once I was able to stop the bleeding I got a look at his cut and it wasn't too bad at all. After I got the blood cleaned off his face and body(he didn't have a shirt on). He still had some blood in his hair, it looked pink. Peter wanted to look at himself in the mirror and once he had he came back and said, "I look like an alien". Ben says,"you don't look like an alien". Peter says" yes, I do and people don't like aliens". He is so funny. He always has the funniest comments. Their not kidding when they say head wounds bleed a lot!! He cut his head on a wire shelf in his room that had a very sharp edge. I am glad to say things have been back to being predictable around here.
My ward is having an Iron Chef RS and we have to prepare three dishes. The secret ingredients are wheat, rice and powdered milk. So if anyone has any good recipes please let me know. All three ingredients don't have to be in every dish.
I will put some pictures up of Hyrum's school activities as soon as I can (when Ben can help me!!).
1 comment:
Hey Chris,
I was showing your blog to dad and Aaron and Sam last night and we were cracking up reading your story about your little alien. So cute!
Love ya!
Post a Comment