Wednesday, June 4, 2008
I need a life makeover!
I think it's about time that I took control of my life. I am sick of thinking about it. It's time to put it into action. My goal for the next six weeks is to drop at least 10 lbs. and organize my house and keep it that way. I feel now is the time to really stick to eating healthy. Not only for me, but for my family. My kids are still young enough that it won't be a shock to their systems. They are very active and we don't eat fried food and take out every night, but obviously we can do better. I do have a hard time finding healthy recipes. So if anyone has any suggestions please, please tell me. I need all the help I can get. I just started exercising on my stairmaster again. It feels good even though I have a hard time getting on it some days. I also need happy and motivational thoughts sent my way. So if you can help me out with any of this I would greatly appreciate it. The reason why I am writing this and making it so public is purely selfish. If I write it down and know that people are reading it I might actually stick to it. I will be in CA in six weeks so my family will really be able to see if I did it. So wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You can do it! As for advice, not so much! But you've lost lots of weight before, so you know you can do it again! I am in the same boat. I need to get healthier. We have a gym in our HOA clubhouse, that is readily available to me, but instead of going when the kids are asleep, I do other things like sleep, read, or watch movies. I'm such a bum! So I need some encouragement too!
I tried to email you my email, but I don't have yours! we are pretty pathetic aren't we? Is it gmail or yahoo?
gmail. Do you ever look at your yahoo? Cause I have that one.
You can look online for some healthy reciepes. I am doing Weight Watchers so I get ideas from that. If I was closer to you guys I would totally workout with you. I have no one here and so I am very unmotivated.
I am in the same boat with you about having someone to exercise with. Even if I went anywhere it takes so much to get anywhere cause of the gas prices and all. I stay at home and try to do some exercises with weights and go on the stairmaster for 30 minutes. I always feel like I am in a rush to lose weight. Which I am, but kinda forget about the long term plan. I get too caught up in yummy snacks. One of my biggest problems is not eating with a schedule. I do much better when I eat at certain times each day. I have been on Jenny Craig a few times. I have found success with it, but when I veer off from it I have problems. It's really expensive too.
Try this, as it works for me:
Email your daily food intake to a friend. If you know you have to write it down and that somebody will see it, you usually will try really hard to eat healthy. We all know what things we should and should not eat. We don't need to pay somebody to tell us (like Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig, etc.) Let me know what you think about this. There is a great website called "caloriecounters.com" that tracks your daily calories. It's amazing and has calories listed for sooooooo many things and brand names. Good luck! The battle is tough, I know! Especially with little ones at home tying you down.
Post a Comment